I was in the same situation. I tried to report a bug so i decided to post it in the forum. There is no hint that bugs should not be reportet there and a forum is a great place for doing it. There is even a forum "Discuss possible bugs & feature requests (You found a bug or you're missing a major feature? Just ask and discuss)": http://forum.owncloud.org/index.php

I haven't heard of github before and have no idea how it works. It might be a good place for developer but normal users will avoid it. Björn send me the link to the template, otherwise I would have never heard of it.

But everyone knows how to post topics in a forum and there can also be a static thread about "how to report bugs". So I don't see the point why people shouldn't report bugs there?

If somebody just posts "i have the same problem".. this is a thing to ignore..

kindly
Matthias

======= Original message from =======

i think thats a huge problem at the moment:

Often a user with a problem:

1. Creates an issue over at github completely ignoring
the guidelines for contributing and/or the issue template
2. Posting just an "i have the same problem" and don't
provide more infos or any needed infos at all
3. Thinks the community forums are the place to
report bugs or to reach the developers

I've seen many users posting their issues at the
community forums but never answered on a
request for more informations / logfiles or on
the request to post their issue at the bugtracker.