From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of mike smith
Sent: Thursday, 4 March 2010 11:57 AM
To: ozDotNet
Subject: Re: [OT] External hard drives

On 4 March 2010 12:49, Greg Keogh <g...@mira.net<mailto:g...@mira.net>> wrote:
My wife needs an external hard drive for backing-up and carrying around her
couple of hundred MB of work files. I’ve never owned an ext HDD or looked at
them, so before I drive down to the local MSY (parts
list<http://www.msy.com.au/Parts/PARTS.pdf>) to get one, I’d like to check
first if there are any recommendations or traps to be aware of. Friends have
ext HDDs with USB connections, but I suppose they are outdated now as our new
office desktop machines have SATA plugholes on the back ... is that right?

USB has never been in vogue for hard-drives - firewire or esata.