Hi folks,

You simply can't get away with PSI without serious implications from the
ATO.

You must earn at least 20% of your income from an independent source - ie no
more than 80% from one company (or related company).

You can NOT pay your spouse to do "secondary" tasks relating to your
business to avoid PSI. Secondary tasks include accounting, marketing, etc.
Primary activities would be like programming, installations, etc.

So, "doing the books" does not count no matter if you have timesheets or
not.

The two biggest ways to avoid PSI is by having legitimate employees or by
taking on projects that get you paid on completion not by the hour. You may
have a single company as a client provided you don't charge by the hour and
you must have a contract that clearly stipulates the deliverables required
to get paid.

Folks, the ATO has this sewn up and they are TARGETING IT professionals.

Sorry for the bad news.

Cheers.

James.