From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of Matt Siebert
Sent: Monday, 31 May 2010 8:43 AM
To: ozDotNet
Subject: Adding product purchases / downloads to a website

Hi folks,

I'll start by saying that I'm not a web developer - I generally work on windows
and database apps.  I've recently accepted a new role with a small company
where we will be developing some apps to be made available on our website.  The
problem is the website just has some general information and is not currently
geared towards this kind of use.  It seems to be PHP based and is maintained by
an external contractor (and will continue to be for the time being).

We need to modify the website to allow people to purchase and download our
products.  We'd also like to add some blogs and perhaps some kind of support
mechanism like forums or something.  We're trying to get a feel for what is (or
ought to be) involved to implement these changes.  I'm assuming there are some
pre-built solutions that we might be able to leverage for these kinds of
features.  Can anyone recommend anything, or commend on what effort should be
involved?

I'm also thinking I might devote some of my spare time to learning
ASP.NET<http://ASP.NET> and maybe have a go at this myself.  Can anyone
recommend any resources to help with that?

Cheers,
Matt.

To find out more about the Sunshine Coast Council, visit your local council
office at Caloundra, Maroochydore, Nambour or Tewantin. Or, if you prefer,
visit us on line at www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au

This email, together with any attachments, is intended for the named
recipient(s) only. Any form of review, disclosure, modification, distribution
and or publication of this email message is prohibited without the express
permission of the author. Please notify the sender immediately if you have
received this email by mistake and delete it from your system. Unless otherwise
stated, this email represents only the views of the sender and not the views of
the Sunshine Coast Regional Council.

maile 3_1_0