Hi All,

I'm about to start working on a mid-sized data-centric app (accounting area) which is mostly just lots of forms which display data, edit/write data, and then spitting out some pretty reports, etc with the data sitting in SQL Server. (Think of old-school MSaccess apps)

Wanting to avoid as much SQL plumbing as I can, I'm looking to use nHibernate for a lot of the lifting, but haven't had a chance to look around at perhaps some better packages/practices/etc which exist.

At this stage I have spent near zero time with Linq, and have only heard of a few other packages in passing (Fluent/Active Record/etc), and am wondering what (if anything) I should spend some time looking in to.

My query is:

- Is nHibernate still the way to go? What do the rest of the .NETters use for their data access layers? And why? Is Linq worth the learning curve?

Thanks in advance,
--
Les Hughes
l...@datarev.com.au