Does this mean you are sending back an object?
request.Comment = "Mock comment"
request.Body = "This is a mock body text"
If it does is the object returned visible and compliant?

No, 'request' is a COM object argument that I fill and send in the
SendRequest method. The method returns a string. It's the string that I
can't get back due to the runtime error. I made a unit test that performs
exactly the same calls as the VBS file it works perfectly. Now I have made
dummy methods to see how they go in the VBS file. The results are consistent
but I don't understand them.

string = Function()

string = Function(string)

Function(COMobject)

String = Function(COMobject)

Only the last one gives the runtime error. I've tried different argument
types. The rule is that I can't combine a return value with a COM object
argument.