Folks, this morning I was forced to perform a big switch-over to a pair of
new Win2008 R2 domain controller and file/web/sql server machines.

I have found that SQL Server Management Studio on the workstation machines
does not have permission to access the databases when I use Windows
Authentication. If I use 'sa' then there is no problem. If I try to open a
database node in Object Explorer I get:

The database XXXXX is not accessible. (ObjectExplorer)

Procmon on the server shows me that NETWORK SERVICE does not have read
permission on the LDF and MDF files, but If I give it full control, it has
no effect. If I add Authenticated Users it fixes the procmon warnings but
has no effect upon the problem.

I'm unable to find a point of blame for this problem. I don't know if it's
the NTFS permissions, some security or roles in SQL Server, or some domain
user/group problem. Any ideas anyone? I'm stuffed.