Hi folks

Ok.. I am in the process of setting up a small FC private network that will
be used between  3 PC's (VM Hosts) and a SANs box.

I have purchased 2 x 4 port and 6 x 1 port  FC HBA's  I have also purchased
second hand a  Brocade 3200  hub.

Unfortunately it looks like I will need to purchase additional licensing for
the Brocade for it to do 'Trunking' and this is an obsolete hub.

With standard CAT-5 it is possible to use a crossover cable to connect PC to
PC without the need of a hub, and if one has multiple NIC's then one can
pair them together to increase the bandwidth.

But with FC I cannot find much reference to this but I am sure it can be
done.  If I cannot get the Hub to Trunk  can I then just drop in the 2 x 4
port HBA's into the SAN  PC  which will give me 8 ports.. And then pair them
together to give me  4  dual speed ports.  Then put 2 HBA's into each VM
Host and pair those back to the  SANs box.

Any suggestion how to do this?, do I need to take part cables or are their
adapters that will do it.

Many thanks

Dave

David J. Boccabella

Proprietor
Anubis Systems
Phone: 0433 808 525

Fax: 3200 0085
Email:   <mailto:boo...@cvsol.com> davidboccabe...@anubis-systems.com

This e-mail and it's contents is confidential to Anubis Systems.
This e-mail, any attachments, or any part of can not be reproduced
without the express written permission of Anubis Systems