>No 3D glasses for me. Here's why:
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/the-3d-scam-reject-and-repeat/47724

Damn right, with some good links as well. I was dragged to see Avatar and
buy some 3-D glasses when it come out. I could tell already from the
advertising that the movie would sacrifice brains for looks. Hell was I
right! The 3-D is fabulous of course, but shockingly overdone to the point
of tedium. But how could Cameron spend all that money on the looks and leave
us with wooden acting, childish plot, pulp music and laughable dialogue? We
were then all excited about the upcoming "reimagining" of Alice in
Wonderland by Burton in 3-D, but as soon as we saw the previews, any idea of
paying for a ticket was discarded: Burton had turned a scintillating and
intellectual tale into a tedious bleak dirge overlayed with monotonous 3-D
effects. Lord help us if The Hobbit comes out in 3-D. My glasses have been
sitting in the bookshelf since Avatar and I'm wondering if they'll ever be
used again - Greg