It is, but how you get to it and what it contains is different. Live tiles are
nice (pity they don't apply to desktop apps including outlook), but we've lost
recent, popup folders; and we've got to go different ways to find different
settings; are faced with two taskbars instead of one; and the end user needs to
know if the application they are running is windows or windows RT based to know
which taskbar to look in.

Like I said, it's close, but as is it's going to a get a massive negative
consumer backlash for desktop machines; and probably an even more massive "wait
and see" from corporate use. Imagine all the documents that have to be changed
to remove references to clicking on the "start" button ;)