Nokia's efforts to finally tighten the messaging around Wp7 hasn't been
something to ignore, having said that the uptake so far isn't something you
would want to brag to heavily about - Samsungs native OS has more uptake
than Wp7 ...yeah...sad ..

I'm sceptical that the consumer win8 tablet story will be a herald success.
I mean sure I can subscribe to small % of the consumer base buying it as an
iPad like alternative but I don't think the Enterprise/Business communities
will rush out and adopt as there is still a whole market place private vs
public set of issues to yet resolve (as we have seen today with Wp7
itself).

iPad has even caved to this demand by enabling a prescribed approach to
deploying apps via SOE like experience and i'm yet to read/see Win8's
response to this going forward (ie i can't see the mining sector embracing
win8 via gorilla class / tough book style encasing... as sure the external
parts would make it palatable but the software is still years away from
attracting commercial attention).

Maybe if they can combine XBOX Live Arcade style experiences on the Tablet
in a way that's on par with the XBOX 360 itself you could potentially see a
surge of 8-25year olds adopting as a casual gaming platform ...

*maybe*.

---
Regards,
Scott Barnes