From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of Bill McCarthy
Sent: Thursday, 28 June 2012 11:05 AM
To: 'ozDotNet'
Subject: RE: Windows Phone 8 announced

HI Chris,

|"I'm pretty sure the ACCC told telcos they had to warranty devices for
|the
length
|of the contracts"
|
|Complete bullhonky there mate.  Telco's can have whatever length of
contract
|they like, the Hardware warranty isn't anything they can control.

ACCC issues warning to telcos:
http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/924924

Telstra takes steps to strengthen warranties:
http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/950648/fromItemId/142

Optus provides 24 month warranties:
http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/966482

Vodafon: