From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com]
On Behalf Of Joseph Cooney
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2012 6:57 PM
To: ozDotNet
Subject: Re: [OT] Anyone using Kinect?

The XBox one works fine with the SDK, however the XBox kinect doesn't have
'near mode' if you're particularly interested in that
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/kinectforwindows/archive/2012/01/20/near-mode-what-i
t-is-and-isn-t.aspx

More info is in the FAQ
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/kinectforwindows/news/faq.aspx

Joseph

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 7:17 PM, Peter Maddin <petermad...@iinet.net.au>
wrote:

I have a Kinect that came with my Xbox.

Can this be use used with the Kinect for Windows Commercial SDK or do you
have a buy a "special" unit?

Regards Peter Maddin