I'm the lead developer on the mobile products at my company.

For c# there's the http://xamarin.com/ company that sparked from the mono
project, it claims it works for cross platform development.

Apart from that you basically have two options: 1) Native ios/andriod 2)
wrap up a html5/javascript app in phonegap(or alternatives)

We went back and forth between native and javascript for 4-6 months and
ended up writing the app in html5/javascript. The primary argument is that
the our app needs to support a mobile website (not just app), and after
we've pushed the limits polishing the app in html5/javascript if it's still
not up to the task and customers want more then we'll also a build a native
version.

For mobile frameworks you can check out sencha touch/jquery mobile. We
ended up rolling our own html/javascript without using a framework, we used
backbone.js/zepto/underscore templates. The LinkedIn ipad app is done in
html5/javascript and they have some good blog posts.
http://engineering.linkedin.com/

I'm actually working on a html5 cross platform boilerplate for people who
don't want to use the lockin frameworks like sencha touch and jqm. A bit
like the html5boilerplate/mobile but for phonegap apps.

--

*Michael Ridland | ThinkSmart Digital*
Managing Director

 <http://au.linkedin.com/in/michaelridland>