From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of Heinrich B
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2013 11:25 PM
To: ozDotNet
Subject: Re: New Web API project

this might help:
http://www.west-wind.com/weblog/posts/2012/Aug/07/Where-does-ASPNET-Web-API-Fit

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 12:35 PM, Katherine Moss
<katherine.m...@gordon.edu<mailto:katherine.m...@gordon.edu>> wrote:
Yes, WebAPI is wrapped inside of MVC4.  And there's another thing that just
makes me mad; when people want to rewrite their application for the heck of it
just so that they can be deployed under the latest fad.  The folks from Yet
Another Forum are now saying that their project could be moved and rewritten as
ASP.net MVC too, and for what?  To look cool?  Apparently, and what's wrong
with a project that is written in Web Forms and doing fine?  I'm sorry, but I
don't get it.  And once that changes, if it does, other folks who use YAF will
be screwed including those at Sueetie, who make a great product all based on
Web Forms.  Though web forms and MVC can work together, though it's not as
simple as one would think.  If you want MVC, then use Web Forms MVP.  And who
said WCF is pointless middleware?  Isn't it a good way to create web services?
And if not for WCF, what's next?  Back to ASMX from 2006?  Come on!  Anyway,
guys, I'm sorry for the rant, but I had to get it out somewhere, right?