I think you have the wrong idea about MVC.
Razor Views specifically: It all gets executed server side. You certainly
dont have to use it. These days I do a lot of knockout pages with hardly
any razor in them, sometimes not at all.
It can look a lot like old asp i guess, and with all things it can lead to
spaghetti code. But I much prefer to be close to the metal with my html.
Much better than serverside controls and writing html inside page response.
And if i never have to deal with the page lifecycle it will be too soon.