From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of mike smith
Sent: Thursday, 9 May 2013 1:24 AM
To: ozDotNet
Subject: Re: Is Surface really failing?

It isn't the order that counts, its % of market.  And 1.8% against Apple's
39.6% and Samsung's 17.9% ?  Come on, its even beaten by others.  If it wasn't
Microsoft, it'd be included with others.

If you look at it by OS, the results look even worse.  The only thing that
looks good is the YoY growth.  And that's because it's starting off a low base.
 Android and iOS YoY are better, when you consider the previous year's base
they are growing off.

IMO, its overpriced for a new entrant.  Apple can get away with overpriced
models because they have the 'style' market.  Android have the budget market,
and some of the flagship market.  MS don't have style or a good price.  Look at
the Touchpad for a lesson.  (I'm not going to say a lot about that, cos of
where I work:)