From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of mike smith
Sent: Thursday, 9 May 2013 9:18 AM
To: ozDotNet
Subject: Re: Is Surface really failing?

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 9:04 AM, Ken Schaefer
<k...@adopenstatic.com<mailto:k...@adopenstatic.com>> wrote:
Since I obviously was not making my point clear: Microsoft’s not aiming to be a
hardware vendor. So, for them, 1.8% is probably exceeding all expectations. As
a company. they are not aiming to dethrone anyone.

What they are probably more worried about is overall Win 8 sales. Remember,
Microsoft’s a software company - not a hardware vendor. They have Dell, Acer,
HP, Asus, Lenovo, Fujitsu etc. etc. etc. to make and ship hardware.

Even when you look at the OS breakdowns on that link you provided.