I'm using Outlook 2010 alongside Office 2013: would love the new Outlook 2013
features, but there's too many issues in the upgrade.
 (1) Can't have pop mail deliver to an .OST.  Sure I could do that server side,
but then I get ALL my mail in the one account on my phone ;)  Why this was
taken away I'm still not sue
(2) Outlook 2013 fails to sync contacts properly with @Live accounts; again a
real deal breaker with my phone.
So as much as I like some of the new features in 2013, it's too much of a deal
breaker (still waiting on SP1/2/3)

As to the ribbon, it has grown on me.  The original big concern was lack of
customisation available.  I 'm quite happy with it minimized and mainly relying
on the quick access bar (in the window title).  Still I would like it to have a
commonly used/ most frequently used/most recently used tab.  Say it was called
"My" tab, it'd be nice if I could right click on any ribbon command and copy it
to the "My" tab, just like you can add it to the quick access bar; and if there
was little drop down at the end of the "My" ribbon that showed the most
recently (top 3) followed by most frequently used commands as suggestions to
add to the ribbon.