Ah yes, he actually did tell me that. I forgot. I was surprised too - it
was something to do with coming up with a compromise between a stack of
countries internationally, many of whom had 220 volts and many on 240
volts, so they decided 230 volts was the new target. That kind of range
shouldn't effect our electronic devices, though.

So that gives you a range of 216 volts to 253 volts, based on the info you
just provided.