I had a mechanical keyboard many years ago and from memory, it required a
harder tap on the keys.  Plus it was noisy.  Unless they have changed in
recent years (which is likely) I'd be worried about it slowing me down,
requiring harder tapping or just generally being annoying in the office.  I
might have to see if there is a demo unit in a shop somewhere.  Still, they
all seem to have a number pad which I want to avoid.

David

"If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes
 will fall like a house of cards... checkmate!"
 -Zapp Brannigan, Futurama