I dunno everyone these days thanks to Google are either Economists,
Sociologists, Political Science Majors or Civil Engineers. It's hard at
times to sift through the opinions mixed with fact to arrive at an accurate
snapshot of what's actually likely to happen vs unlikely.

Is Abbott a bad PM? He's winning the race so far so that would indicate
that most Australians are in agreement with that whether they'd prefer him
to be the ideal candidate or not. Is Clive Palmer a serious contender,
apparently 6% (by mainstream media polling) state this guy is worth
listening to and so on. The collective intelligence of humans isn't exactly
something we should all agree are "intelligent" as we just have to watch
Big Brother or Listen to Miley Cyrus before we come to the conclusion that
there are massive memory leaks occurring somewhere.

NBN is one of this contentious issues where we all want 100mb/s and nobody
really is saying no to fast Internet. The problem is we are haggling over
the execution plan for it, specifically at what point do you turn and say
"yeah this is a little more expensive than I had planned" ...its kind of
like watching "House Design" (ABC TV show) where you watch these people
build this big bold outlandish houses that often starts out with the owner
saying "I have 1million pounds" and then towards the end of the episode
they have spent $2million pounds... its not about the cost really its more
about the fact that was the end result still worth it.

I suspect LNP don't have vision on this per say, I'd wager they saw a
weakness in ALP's execution plan and it centred around cost and time to
deliver, the figured out a counter proposal that in parts will land in the
same region of delivery but with less anxiety & risk towards delivery. They
are the ones who basically walk up to the house and say "You can't have
smart wiring and you can't have solar panels" and we're all arguing over
the return on investment for the said additions but aren't arguing what the
compromise between the two positions are.

Looking back on it we should have third option to discuss and / or have
political parties come together with a smarter compromise but it won't
happen? ..so its really down to the party of the day taking advantage of
the others weakness whilst feeding off that to pander to our concerns
around "economy management".

No doubt in 4yrs we'll be seeing ALP using the NBNCo as yet another
whipping post to highlight "see told you we were onto something.." and this
topic will agree or disagree with what is said.

---
Regards,
Scott Barnes
http://www.riagenic.com