To clarify the two viewpoints:

A 1gbps link is $20k a month.

or

A 1gbps link capped to X gig of downloads then shaped to Y kbps is not $20k
a month.

NBNCo has not been transparent to the average user that they are getting
the latter and not the former. Fast links with tight quotas are what they
are economically turning the industry to.

As an interesting thought experiment ... Would you prefer TPG 100mbps
unlimited data service today or an NBN 1000mbps service with 100gig quota
in the future?

Turnbull was right to illustrate the point and it is a point Malone, Teoh,
Telstra, Hackett etc are all on the same page on.

Hopefully the new board will fix it. I am significantly more optimistic on
their chances of building something usable after seeing the appointments
this morning.