On 12 November 2013 10:57, Scott Barnes <scott.bar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Simon's pretty reasonable guy to... I had some major issues with my FTTH
> with OptiComm and he personally rang me, worked the problem through and in
> the end did everything but draw us all a mudmap back to OptiComm even
> though they kept deny they were at fault... suffice to say he won me back
> to the internode darkside that day :0

More than that he actually has significant commercial and
telecommunications experience - of which, the previous board had zero.
Cashing out Internode for 7% of iiNet or whatever it was he got is a
financial feat few achieve in their lifetime.

I would estimate that there is a very high correlation of FTTP die-hard to
Simon Hackett fanboi. It will be funny to watch Whirlpool chew on an
HFC/FTTP/FTTN plan endorsed by Hackett. SIMON! YOU'RE CHEATING ON ME!

During the election, Turnbull wrote at length about CVC charges and
correctly identified that an uncapped 1gbps service would cost $20K a month
in wholesale fees and charges. Hackett is also an outspoken critic of the
CVC charges as well. The only reason the NBN is affordable at all at the
moment is that the rollout was so ballsed up that no single service area
has enough connections so all the RSPs get a 100% CVC rebate.

The entire financial edifice of the NBN is built upon a legally mandated
monopoly funded by extortionate network access charges for the RSPs. It
will be interesting to see how they address that as they're on the record
as calling it out.

David.