is caching enabled for the Css in the server.  [OutputCaching]
does the server have the permissions set to allow all in the machine /
server config.

Add a web config into your css directory as mentioned here:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4375208/web-config-wildcards-in-location-and-authorization

Davy

Davy,

"So you want to keep data which is local, only ever going to be local, only
needed locally, never accessed remotely, not WANTED to be made available
outside our building, which can only WEAKEN our security by being off site,
hosted offsite." BOFH: Simon Travaglia