> We were using VS 2013, which want too bad with JS intellisense, etc.
> Compile time checking would help, but I think that's only available for
> TypeScript.

Okay, err, overall this isn't sounding great to me. I don't even have
Chrome installed (I reckon it's a virus) and I see others are also using it
for development. I have also found the VS2015 JS intellisense to be flakey
and misleading. Does the JS development experience have to be so retarded?
Surely others here must have some way of being as productive as we can be
writing strongly typed languages in a good IDE?!

This is the future of software development for web client apps is it?
JavaScript is the typeless assembly-like script that is wrapped by
libraries like jQuery to try and make it more digestible and round down the
host incompatibilities, which is then wrapped by further libraries to
create the illusion of binding and asynchrony. In previous decades I wrote
reasonably serious "apps" in scripting languages like CLIST and Visual
REXX, but there was an insanity point beyond which the limits of the
language stonewalled you and you wasted time and you had to be mature
enough to decide to move to a "serious" language and development
environment. Sadly, in the 21st century, the scripting language
(JavaScript) has become a cancerous growth that won't die after almost 20
years, it's been pushed to ludicrous levels of abstraction insanity, and
the one great hope that could have killed it (Silverlight) was buried
without a funeral.

Oh well, back to writing JavaScript and html in Notepad (lucky I don't have
to use punched cards).

*Greg K*