>> Overall, it's a great idea, but it's barely usable.
Well I wouldn’t go that far. It works pretty well for us without a lot of work. New controllers generate new tabs with action lists, summaries, samples etc. We haven’t had that much issues with it. The ApiExplorer we found quite suitable, and once we accepted that after customisation, we just own it. All is good. Each to their own I guess. There are actually plenty of documentation alternatives out there. Swagger (http://swagger.io/) is a popular choice. We adopted the Api help package quite some time ago though so are sticking with that (remember WcfWebServices?) - Glav From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Greg Keogh Sent: Wednesday, 9 March 2016 5:39 PM To: ozDotNet <[email protected]> Subject: Re: Web API HelpPage We have since customised the crap out of it and are now pretty happy with it. There are some Yeah, it's nothing like the default. I poked into the low-level ApiExplorer classes that drive HelpPage, but it would takes days of experimenting to figure how to use them properly and decode the terse documentation. If it was easier I could write my own provider to generate the documentation. I also found more problems: it dies attempting to make samples with cyclic references, and countless strings and types are hard-coded and require manual changes to configure, and the changes are bound to break in the future. Overall, it's a great idea, but it's barely usable. Greg
