What we are experiencing is not a new thing. Change is constant. Each new
release of software, for all things, comes with new bug fixes, new bugs and new
features. Some we need some we don't.
The pain we are feeling is a combination of lack of control combined with the
frequency of these changes.
Once upon a time we had to wait several years for a new release (take Visual
Studio as an example). Now we see new updates weekly and sometimes daily.
Hopefully the pain we feel is shorter lived as a result. We can communicate
with the Devs much easier now. Often we can see the name of the developer who
checked in the code. We can comment on the codebase and raise issues.
Take the recent icon colour change of VScode for example. For those who were
not watching, they changed the colour to orange (or green depending on the
branch). People were NOT happy. The Devs listened and in about a week or maybe
two it was back to the familiar colour.
Imagine having to wait 2 years to get your icon colour fixed or some other life
altering bug.
You can't make everyone happy all of the time. We are all at the whim of the
developers of the code we use. If you don't like that, you have options.
Feedback or change software. Or write your own.
If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change how you
think of it.

Hmm, might make this a blog post.