> Steve Sanderson has a blog post on blazor that provides you with insight
> into their current thinking. Blazor: a technical introduction

One aspect of this still has me quaking in fear … is it all hosted inside a
browser, and is the UI written in HTML and CSS?

If so, then we've still got one crippled foot in the stinking old sewage of
browsers and HTML. In Silverlight you could create a "real" robust and rich
UI by defining it in XAML that was completely independent of HTML. The
WebAssembly and Blazor docs I've read so far (not a great amount) don't
discuss plans for the UI clearly. They talk about Razor and tags with
special syntax, so I assume your WebAssembly application will interact with
the browser DOM using special markup. If so, Lord help us!

I'm praying for the day when I can write "web apps" (even the name is
archaic) using a real language with a real compiler in a real IDE to
produce a real UI with real performance and real reliability.

One day we'll look back and laugh about the old days when they thought
JavaScript would lead us all into a brighter future.

*Greg (K)*