Folks, thanks to a passing mention in a YouTube video I discovered there is
a new language named Kotlin. Strange it hadn't popped-up for me in
technical articles before, as I think it's been quite mature for at least a
year now. The first thing that strikes is the amazing similarity to C#, and
they even acknowledge this in places on the official site. The most
startling thing through, is how it's being marketed as a better Java. This
page <https://kotlinlang.org/docs/reference/comparison-to-java.html>
summarises the general superiority of Kotlin over Java. So … after 20
years, will Java become an evolutionary dead-end?

*Greg K*