"yay I can C# in the browser and it will be a thing".

Yay indeed! When I sat down several weeks ago with 0.7 and got over the
hiccups of getting it going (which is normal) I was amazed at how
productive it was. Because of the familiar language and libraries you can
just hoe into the coding, leaving the tricky part to learning the quirks of
manipulating the html (there are odd syntax shortcuts for show/hide
elements for example).

We've right now got a live-preview of a completely working classical ASP.NET
Web Forms app out with some customers, and I'm thinking of rewriting it
completely in Blazor in my spare time to produce a superior performing and
interactive app. Dealing with the traditional "postback" in web apps gives
me the stinking sh**ts. To have a Blazor app "alive" in the browser is
blessed relief.

I must repeat my original complaint though … the coding and hosting
experience is far better, but the rendering is still done by moronic 25
year old html which lacks all of the layout features and controls one would
normally need to write a professional LOB app.

*Greg K*

>

Reply via email to