Blazor is now in official preview....
https://devblogs.microsoft.com/aspnet/blazor-now-in-official-preview/

Greg Harris
Harris Consulting Group Pty Ltd
[email protected]
www.HarrisConsultingGroup.com <http://harrisconsultinggroup.com/home.htm>
phone: (international) +61 407 942 982
phone: (within Australia) 0407 942 982
Sydney
Australia


On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 8:31 PM DotNet Dude <[email protected]> wrote:

> I believe Silverlight died mainly because of the lack of support for the
> plugin on iPhones. Blame Apple.
>
> On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 at 17:53, Arjang Assadi <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>> until a rendering engine is included I can not see any benefit to using
>> blazer or any other WASM equivalents. Flash as bad as it was , was a better
>> solution , no idea what the big idea was to kill it off , or for that
>> matter ms unilaterally killing silver light.
>>
>>
>> On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 at 5:26 pm Greg Keogh <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Folks, has anyone else in here given Blazor a good bash and got
>>> comments? I've run some sanity tests on 0.7 and it's looking pretty good.
>>> You can reference packages and projects, there's basic binding (which I
>>> hope they improve), you can break things up into "components" and nest
>>> them, separate code-behind if you want, register and inject services,
>>> define routing, make async web calls, deploy to Azure web apps, etc. All
>>> this stuff I mentioned is in the docs, but I had to try it myself to see if
>>> it really works. The only thing I haven't tried yet is rendering a large
>>> complex page to see how it performs and responds to DOM changes.
>>>
>>> So finally it looks like there's a real chance in the .NET ecosystem
>>> that the crazy zoo of JS frameworks to make SPAs will be displaced by a
>>> familiar and respected languages and frameworks. Great, but suddenly I was
>>> slapped hard by a shocking realisation … we're still stuck using the web
>>> browser and HTML (and some JS glue) for rendering the UI.
>>>
>>> The web browser cannot render complex business app UIs. Where are the
>>> rich controls and layout features we are used to on the desktop, or in
>>> Silverlight, or Flash or Java Applets for that matter? HTML was created to
>>> render simple text and pictures and now 27 years later it's completely
>>> effing stupid that we're still trying to create apps with it. We're
>>> changing how those apps are written, but we're still stuck with the damn
>>> browser and HTML for rendering.
>>>
>>> I have an example … a few weeks ago I wondered by a web page was taking
>>> 40s to load. It turned out I was loading a tree (a fake one, as there is no
>>> tree control) with 4000 nodes, each one in a div and 3880 of them were
>>> hidden. So the page looked small and tidy, but there were thousands of
>>> hidden divs. I spent hours of suffering inventing a click-demand-load
>>> technique. There is no virtualisation in HTML, which is taken for granted
>>> in real UI frameworks.
>>>
>>> There endeth the good news and the bad news.
>>>
>>> *Greg K*
>>>
>>

Reply via email to