-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Robin Moon
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 9:01 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] too hard to brestfeed

Michelle,

I've known thousands of women over the years that have agonised in the same
way you did and received the same sort of treatment. I've always thought
that as a midwife ( particulary in private health) that the best thing I
could do for them is to simply smooth their way, not FIX everything.

Some things in life we're crap at, and some we're great at, and more often
than not, we dont get to choose what they are. Some women are great at
growing healthy term babies, some are crap; some are great at labouring and
some are crap; some are great at breastfeeding and some are crap; and some
are great at mothering and some are crap. The thing is, it's a rare person
that is brilliant at everything, and I for one, can pinpoint great holes in
my talents at some of   the above list.  Like most things in life, we're
just required to make the best of any given situation and hopefully,
gracefully accept the rest. So just do the best you can and regardless of
milk or no milk, unhelpful comments or no, the most important thing to
remember  is that a loving, intimate relationship with our loved ones is the
most important gift we can give them.  However we do it.

*wanders away to refill glass of Merlot*

Robin.