From: Vicki Chan
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2002 12:37 AM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] another horror story

A woman I spoke to yesterday spoke of her starstruck obstetrician being overly excited about the celeb status of her husband...her  labour was rocking along beautifully but it didnt look like hubby would make it for the birth...the ob arranged for her to have an epidural which rendered her incapacitated when her husband finally made it... no problem! that's why God invented Vacuum  Extractors!! Her first babe she'd managed to birth unaided. Tragic!

We could (and will, no doubt) go on!