> On the topic of control...I love it when women say they want a cs cause they
> are more in control....got news for them!  Unless they are multi-skilled and
> dam flexible and have the scalpel in their own hands, they are in no way in
> control!
>
> Jo Bainbridge

So right, Jo!  Being pinned down and not being able to move your legs is a
horrible feeling - NO sense of control there.

And on the subject of "reasons" for a c/sec...I find it interesting when I
hear women say that they want a c/sec because they hate pain.  I can say
from experience that a c/sec is in no way pain-free.  Especially the
postnatal period.  Trying to sit-up with a fresh slice across your belly,
add to that a uterine infection or scar infection (which most women I talk
to have had one or the other), bleeding and mashed raw nipples (from trying
to feed lying down b/c it is too painful for your belly to sit up, but then
it is too hard to get proper attachment lying down, hence the nipple
damage), feet blown up like puffer-fish for days and extremely tender, and
all without those releasing hormones of birth.

Now THAt is not pain-free.

Sigh - I am a little cynical these days.

Melissa