Sandra

Thanks for the info on HB inj. there was a discussion on it some months ago, so when we had this baby in hospital, I definitely did NOT have the HB given. She will have it later. My second son had the inj at birth, although he started well with the breast-feeding, had a lot of probs later and ended up suppressing close to 5 months. Have been determined to BF longer with this baby (last one) so chose not to have the injection, so far all is going well... might be the luck of the draw, but ? at least it seems to work for me.

HB is covered in our antenatal classes, so the women tend to turn up in labour ward with consent signed and expecting the injection. Whoever are the PR people for vaccination, they work well!! I have personally met 1-2 women who refused immunisation in my (less than 5 yrs) mid career.

Cheryl

Cheryl