Hi Karen
 I just spent a lovely week in a place called Mandurah which is about 40 minutes drive from Perth. Its a sea side town and there are lots of young families there. Truly beautiful place
Jo Perks
----- Original Message -----
From: Karen
Sent: Sunday, February 08, 2004 6:01 AM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] RE: Location, location, location

Dear Everyone
                    As I am hoping to get a job in a hospital in Perth, can anyone help us with suitable areas to bring up a family but within easy travelling distance to Perth for work, easy = 30-40 minute drive at the most.

I have three children (ages 12, 9 and 3). We would ideally like an area that is not very large and busy. Perhaps in the country but not isolated. There has to be easy access to good schooling. We do like older properties with a bit of character but this not essential. The kids of course just want to rent a property with a swimming pool!! Is this a really tall order? I hope we're not looking for the impossible.

We hope to move out later on this year and ideally we would like to get a property that we'd be happy to settle in for a while (or at least until my work visa runs out)
We spend ages on the net looking, but there is just so much to look at. Fremantle area looks nice, is it?

If anyone can gives me any pointers on nice areas or even areas best avoided I would really appreciate any advice, we can hardly wait to move out to OZ !!!

Kind Regards
Karen Crossan