I was part of a team trying to get Team Midwifery up and running in one of our larger hospitals.  Part of this included salaries. The was to be two small teams of 3 midwives and we were to be payed at the base rate plus 30%.  No penalties for weekends etc.  We felt that this would be the minimum once all penalties for nights and weekends were removed.
Sonja
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2005 10:43 AM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] caseload

Another call for assistance.

Is anyone able/willing to share what salary they have negotiated for publicly funded, caseload midwifery.

Also what caseload has been negotiated.

Sally Westbury

Homebirth Midwife

"It takes courage to remain a true advocate for women, challenging authority and sacrificing social and professional acceptance. It takes courage for a woman to choose a caregiver who will truly advocate for and empower her."    -Judy Slome Cohain