I have to agree there.
My memories of my husband and I being "taught" how to bath our first child (6
yrs ago) are embarassing. I hadn't ever bathed a baby before, but to be told
that today we will take you down and teach you how, it clearly was a messge
that we weren't capable. Then the instructions on doing the head first, blah,
blah, blah. My poor deprived fourth child, if it wasn't for the school and
kindy "show and tell" bathing a baby sessions, he wouldn't have known what
baths were.

I know I'm being highly critical here, and I realise some parents will want to
be shown, but really???
I also have a problem with the idea that these babies have to be bathed at all.
Babies smell just beautiful all on their own, the "Johnson and Johnson" smell
just gets in the way of this, not to mention the sensitivity these tiny new
darlings are dealing with.
Providing women with an option and explaining that not bathing their baby all
the time is perfectly fine too.
and, Yes, I know that water emmersion is lovely and relaxing, but thats not
about washing them.

anyway, my two bits worth,
cheers
Megan