Hi everyone,

I've been reading everyones posts with great interest over the last few weeks
and I have to say that everyone has such a great amount of knowledge combined
it's fantastic and inspirational!

I'll take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Holly I'm a first year bmid
student at uts in nsw. This is the first year nsw has run the course and I am
one of only 29! We all feel very honoured to have been chosen to do this course
but overwhelmed and a bit scared!!  I have four children who keep me very busy,
but a fantastic husband and a very flexible nanny who have been my lifeline in
the first four weeks (only 3 years to go! yipee!!)

So my question is : I'm doing a critical reflection on an incident i observed
in delivery 2 wks ago. I'm after articles etc that are about fear of pain in
labour which can lead to ineffective pushing. Also relevant would be articles
on how the pain of labour/childbirth can lead to delayed bonding between mother
and baby.

Pardon me if I use incorrect language in my descriptions (i'm struggling with
the politically correct stuff).

I'm also interested in knowing if Royal Hospital in Brisbane will look at
employing bmids in 3 yrs time? I think someone on here is from that hospital?

Thanks for you time and help in advance.

ps - I have searched [EMAIL PROTECTED] with limited success