good on you lindsay keep at it im sure with your dedication you will achieve the goal of registered midwife. i too remember tinking that when i began attending births now i would not change it for the world as i love mid and midwifery.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2005 4:26 PM
Subject: RE: [ozmidwifery] A wonderfully successful vbac birth this morning

Hi.

I have just come home from an exciting day as a Student Midwife.  My first Two births!!!!  Okay I was only a witness, but it was still pretty exciting stuff. The first lady was a VBAC.  Supposed to be a Cesar on Friday, came in this morning in labour and I think the Obstetrician was so busy with his theatre list that he just let her labour.  I think he planned to do a Cesar (in his mind anyway) after lunch.  He kept saying that she was progressing BUT she probably wouldn’t deliver.  And she did!!  Not only that but the Dr didn’t get there!  It was beautiful!  Within half an hour the lady who I had been with all morning (IOL for postdates) also delivered.  The Dr made it for that one.  Shame really, it just wasn’t as nice.  So.. not my perfect scenarios, I am a Home Birth fan myself, but in a hospital where two weeks ago everyone had a LSCS, I was pretty thrilled to have two normal deliveries.  I have to admit caring for the women post section I was beginning to doubt my desire to be a Midwife.  It just isn’t my thing, all those post op obs and PCAs and drains etc.  But todays experience reminded me why I want to do this!

Totally enthused!

Lindsay