Would love to come and work but the tyranny of distance may prove a problem. My husband and I both work shift work and our kids have never known any different. Every day they ask who is going to be home tonight and I worked out long ago that they were not asking because they were complaining but just sorting out in their minds what today would be. I agree that to some ( who havent tried it) the concept of being on call all the time seems over whelming but the professional satisfaction of being with a woman whom you have got to know (rather than one who has seen someone else and just ends up with you through pot luck) is such that it more than makes up for any inconvenience. When Mum is happy and satisfied then the whole family will benefit in the long run.

Andrea