Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2005 7:02 AM
Subject: RE: [ozmidwifery] A birth centre for Townsville - 2nd post, I dont think it came through the first time

Congratulations Townsville alright!

Kirsten

Darwin

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Philippa Scott
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 11:23 PM
To: ozmidwifery

Well I am pleased to announce (before anyone else does, given that we did most of the hard work) that a Birth Centre should be operational in Townsville by the end of the year. Talks with the District Director, Ken Whelan, for our region last week were enough to get our hopes up & then we hear today that Minister for Health Gordon Nuttall is keen to announce the plans after he gets a look at our direction statement, so he knows what we are about. We are over the moon & whilst this is to be an implementation of the model of care out the back of the current birth suite it will be the first step on the way to a birth centre in a separate building on hospital grounds. May I say a big congratulations to all those who worked very hard to make this happen. Anything is possible when we stand together as women & families. It also helps that the timing was superb. Well before the tears obscure my vision completely I will sign off. Congratulations Townsville!!

Cheers,

Philippa Scott
Birth Buddies
Supporting Women ~ Creating Life
President - Friends of the Birth Centre Townsville

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.