To: <ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au>
Sent: Saturday, October 01, 2005 12:17 PM
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] Pinky McKay - an amazing woman

Pinky McKay wrote:

thanks Janet - Brenda and I have "made up" and are speaking civilly to each other re the dilemma of confused identity and schedules versus mother support.

I am currently writing a new book on infant sleep - all sleep stories/ memories/ anecdotes - welcome.

Better clarify - I will not be advocating parent directed feeding, controlled crying or leaving babies to cry it out.

please email me offline if you want to share
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thanks,
Pinky

My CHN yesterday suggested I do a 'form of controlled crying' to get my 4mo off his dummy for settling. I could only nod politely, thinking "HELL NO!". I'd really like to have him not use it (he only uses it for going to sleep), as sometimes that's the only thing waking him up - the fact that it's fallen out (again!). But I'm not going to punish him for wanting it. She said "just go in, pat pat pat, no eye contact, leave" Umno.

Jo (Mum to Will, 4 months old)