Lisa Thank you for posting my email and thank you to all who replied re. health insurers, your information has been a great help.
Cheers Rochelle
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2006 8:20 AM
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] Anaemia remedies

At booking I give women a list of iron and calcium rich foods which has the contained number of mg per serve and the daily dietary intake necessary and ask them to work out ensure they are getting enough. If they find they arent then we discuss ways of increasing this. Most women can increase their intake sufficiently once they are aware of the higher sources and the ways in which absorption can be increased such as taking sources of vit c at the same time and having plant and animal sources together such as spinach and meat.

Parsley & Pineapple juice is simple and I am sure women would have to have more than one glass a day for the uric acid build up to be a problem if her kidney function is normal. Also juice bars have shot sized serves of grasses which are also good. Some women prefer liquid iron called ferro force which can be bought from health food shops or naturopaths.

We tend to focus on iron but if women's iron stores are low I would suspect that her stores of other vital minerals such as magnesium and zinc are also low and this is where multi vitamins can be of value.
Andrea