Hi Kelly,

In my (limited!) experience with this sort of thing, women are usually on Clexane which is an anticoagulant ie 'thins the blood'.  If  the woman went into labour naturally while still on Clexane, obviously her risk of haemorrage would be increased.  But to stop the clexane days before she might go into labour could be risky too if she has a pulmonary embolis or DVT. So what seems to happen is that the clexane will be ceased for 24 hours and then the woman will be induced, and anticoagulants restarted after the birth.  Hope this makes sense!

Cheers
Michelle

"Kelly @ BellyBelly" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
One of the women on my forum had a crisis and was going to have a caesar, but with a bit of encouragement from the others on the site and with the Ob’s back-up she decided against it and was ecstatic, but then said…

“WOW you girls totally rock when a girls in need! I actually have to be induced cause of the pulmonary embolism I got and have to be monitored in labour because I’m on a blood thinning agent....”

Could someone please explain? Sorry to be asking such basic questions all the time, I just want to learn! J
Best Regards,

Kelly Zantey
Creator,
BellyBelly.com.au
Gentle Solutions From Conception to Parenthood
BellyBelly Birth Support - http://www.bellybelly.com.au/birth-support

The LOST Ninja blog: Exclusive clues, clips and gossip.