Personally, I love Lisa Barrett's contributions.  I've NEVER found her rude (though often matter of fact, and her words are issued without watering down - which I personally appreciate); the reason I believe some may struggle to accept her contributions is because she's not focused on the needs or benefit of Midwives, Doulas, or other professionals, nor interested in talking in circles; she's focused squarely on the birthing women, every time, in every case.  Let's remember that they're the ones who suffer when receiving care that is less than optimal (difficult though the Midwife's plight may be, it doesn't even compare to the struggle of the birthing women in our country) and let's applaud the efforts of experienced, passionate Midwives like Lisa who never lose sight of that, even at the cost of being attacked by her colleagues and being unpopular.  Granted, we all do our bit in different ways; INCLUDING Lisa.  I salute you, Lisa.  Please don't stop contributing; your comments not only provide balance (what is the point of everyone agreeing with everyone when clearly there are many things VERY wrong with our system) but inspire me on a daily basis - inspire my renewed faith in Midwifery and in women.  You talk a LOT of sense and it's refreshing.  Thankyou.

Sadie, I've enjoyed many of your comments as well.  I'm sorry if you feel you want to leave.  Goodbye, and best wishes for the future.