I used to offer women the 5W capsules if they didnt want the liquid tincture (an acquired taste for some).  The tincture formula can vary from woman to woman depending on any significant Hx and also her stress levels and general pregnancy health, but the basis is due to its uterine actions and overall pregnancy tonics.

From: "Tania Smallwood" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au>
Subject: RE: [ozmidwifery] getting synto etc
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 16:59:26 +1030

Hi Kristin,

This sounds a lot like the Nature’s sunshine product called 5W that’s no longer available here in Australia.  I’ve used it for the last year for heavy menstrual bleeding and it works a treat!  Helps with cramps, soothes the belly, lightens the bleed, no clots…probably too much information, but I’ve seen great things postnatally with it too, wondering if that’s what you base your tincture on?

Tania