From: ozmoss@ozmoss.com [mailto:ozm...@ozmoss.com] On Behalf Of Noja, Fadi
Sent: Friday, 12 June 2009 9:13 AM
To: ozmoss@ozmoss.com
Subject: RE: Backup over 15GB using built-in tools [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

I have used stsadm to backup far larger web sites.  However I have had it fail
a few time due to app pools being recycled or people accessing the site (or
even a search crawl).  Do you need to restore it or are you just backing it up?
 If it's backup, it's probably easier to backup the SQL database itself.  Much
quicker and safer.  Just make sure the site is locked at the time though.