Awesome tool Sezai, works like a charm! Thanks again for pointing it out.

I really need to invest more time in learning to do things via powershell, at
least those things that can't be easily done via CA or the UI.

From: ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com [mailto:ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com] On Behalf Of
Sezai Komur
Sent: Friday, 17 August 2012 1:02 PM
To: ozMOSS
Subject: Re: Database names with GUIDs

Hi Marko,

I would give this tool a try: http://autospinstaller.codeplex.com/
It lets you execute a full PowerShell scripted install and you have full
control over all database names.

I recommend you learn how to use this first on another non-production setup.
You're going to have to invest a bit of time trying it out and and testing a
few installs in a non-prod farm first. After that investment of time you should
be able to spin up future SharePoint farms in a fraction of the time.
Sezai.
On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 10:24 AM, Roger Carran
<roger.car...@sharingminds.com.au<mailto:roger.car...@sharingminds.com.au>>
wrote:
In regards to production builds, PowerShell is really the way to go. You can
specify nice database names for all of them, as well as any other configuration
aspect.

If you have deployed some databases already, this article gives a nice way to
change things:
http://www.bullspit.co.uk/2011/03/19/sharepoint-2010-change-the-name-of-the-administration-content-database.
 This is also using PowerShell, which I highly recommend for farm deployment (I
don't think I've done config/deployment through the UI for a long time now).

There are also some good starting points on TechNet with ready built examples:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg983005.aspx

Kind Regards,

Roger Carran
Sharing Minds
Knowledge | Communication | Collaboration | Productivity
Mobile: 0411 598 110
Web: www.SharingMinds.com.au<http://www.sharingminds.com.au/>

Thinking about upgrading your Intranet? Then think Sharing Minds!